I have been not-so-quietly oogling Amy's son Parker at A Good Life because he has been to a few games already, and I have been a little jealous :) I am also married to a guy who thinks the babes shouldn't go to public events, the beach, to restuarants, etc until they are 15 (haha!!). So, the fact that he agreed to let them try out a baseball game was pretty exciting. He is a huge baseball guy, so I know he was silently looking forward to it :)
For the most part in the grand scheme of things, they did great. I was wanting to go our first game a little late, and let them stay for about an hour to see how they would do. We got there about the 5th inning after their nap. Some takeaways:
1. Going mid game is fantastic - everyone got in free. Score.
2. Either we played a really good team or we are really bad. Lost 19-3 vs Round Rock. Yikes.
3. Because of this score, what was supposed to be an hour game turned into 2.5 hours from innings 5-9.
4. It was easily 100 degrees.
5. They did fine for the first hour, got squirmy, so we did alot of popcorn eating, walking around, and drinking water. Even had to pull out the big guns (iphone games)
6. They each got a foul ball. (seriously??? I have never gotten a foul ball. ever. They BOTH got one at their very first game)
7. After each game, the Nashville Sounds allows all kiddos to run the bases after each game. A pretty fantastic perk. (and why we stayed the entire 2.5 hours)
All in all, it was a good time. We will certainly try it again. Hopefully when it's a little less hot.
|The Sounds game/Walking in with Daddy|
|Grampa, Happy Jake, Jules and Joshie!|
|Jules and Jake|
|First Icee!! Poor things were hot!|
|Love this picture :)|
|This one too :) Popcorn!|
|Our first foul ball!! YAY!!!!! (note the girl in the back on the iphone)|
|Yankee Fan, Yo.|
|Running the bases with Grampa and Daddy!|
|Crossing home plate!|
Here in the video below of them running the bases. It is pretty shaky. I was trying to snap pics with my Nikon in one hand, while walking down the steps to get closer. HeHe :)