Babies no more.
Dear Josh and Jules,
Here it is guys!! The day we have been planning, training, and praying for. I've tried as hard as I can to prepare you as much as I can, but now it's time for you guys to go. And you both embark on this journey, I wanted to give you a list of things I hope for you. I love you both so very much and I am so proud of you!
- As hard as this is for me to send you tomorrow, I truly hope it will not be hard for you.
- I hope you will go tomorrow and be brave. It will be scary I know, but I also know how excited you both are.
- I hope you will not get lost in school. You guys are still teeny baby people and it's a big school.
- I hope you will feel like you belong.
- I hope you get along with your teachers, and always be on your best behavior and use your manners (Josh I'm looking at you)
- I hope your teacher loves you, and will listen to you, and be excited to see you every morning.
- And I hope you will come home with exciting things to tell me that your teacher said or did.
- I hope you will stay "you". That you both continue to laugh, giggle, create, and find little things magical.
- Jules, I hope my decision to separate you will make you grow and blossom. You are so very shy my little peanut, and my hope is that you will speak up in class and make some great friends.
- I hope you both will talk to me about your day - your happy times, your sad times, and remember the times you thought throughout the day "I need to ask Mommy about this later"
- I hope that not only you make good friends on this journey, but that you are a good friend as well. I hope you are compassionate boys and girls with big hearts that I know you have.
- Dear Lord, I hope no one is mean to my kids and hurts their feelings, even though I know it will happen.
- And I also hope that your skin gets though, so if it does happen, it won't hurt so bad.
- I hope you both eat your lunches. It's going to be different now not having a preschool teacher right beside you, making sure you eat something remotely healthy.
- I hope you both make happy memories that will last a lifetime.
- I hope you both learn something new this year or explore an interest that you've never seen or done before, and I hope you develop a love for it.
- And I hope you will be very proud of that.
- I hope I don't cry tomorrow.
- I hope nothing makes you struggle, and I hope if it does, you will ask for help.
- I hope your teachers see how smart you both are are so eager to learn. I hope you are able to sit in class and listen and take it all in (I know, this is the hard part)
- I hope you both will feel safe. I never want you to feel scared, but if you do- I hope will tell your teacher or me.
- I hope that you both cherish each other and count on each other and will talk to each other about your days. I hope you will see each other in recess or PE, etc, and I hope that puts a huge smile on your faces.
- I hope school is all your hoped and dreamed it would be.
- I hope you know that Mommy's heart is breaking and bursting at the same time. Breaking because you guys are so grown up in the blink of an eye, and bursting with pride. It kills me that I won't be there every step of the way and right there asking if you're ok.
- But, I hope (and know) that you will be. You both are so important in this world, and I hope school allows you to see that.
"You have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."
"You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So...get on your way!"